Frequently Asked Questions

FAQ search engine

< Back to results

Search results

Do I need a representative to interact with the SPTO?

The option of whether or not to act through an industrial property agent is a personal choice of the applicant and never an obligation or mandatory requirement, except in the case of applicants who do not reside in the European Union.

The SPTO notifies interested parties of any incident or resolution and communicates the timeframe for any processing needed (generally interested parties have one month to resolve and respond).

Representation through an industrial property agent facilitates processing for the applicant, but resolution of the application is always as stipulated by law, i.e., the conditions for granting industrial property titles are the same with or without a representative.

< Back to results