Frequently Asked Questions

FAQ search engine

< Back to results

Search results

If a legal person submits an application, who can provide representation?

When an application for Industrial Property rights is made, the applicant can be a physical or legal person or persons.

Keep in mind that acting on behalf of the legal persons, there are physical persons who, in accordance with the articles of incorporation or laws, are empowered to represent same. For example, the administrator, managing director, etc. If is this is the person with signature authority, it must be indicated in the application, in the corresponding section, that the applicant is not being represented. But if the application indicates the name of this person as the representative, a notarised copy of the public deed granting this authority must be provided.

If the application is submitted by a representative who is not the legal and natural representative of the company, a specific authorisation for this representation naming a physical person must be provided.

< Back to results